Re: How do yo u install minimal X with fluxbox on Etch?

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 12:13:38AM +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:
> On 5/11/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> Thanks for the great list. I also looked at DSL. Very nice progs come
> in the 50 MB plus I downloaded some utils needed for maintenance to
> put in mydsl extension but the 3.2 and 3.3 both fail to burn the
> remaster. The remaster boots in a minimal shell.
>
> If that becomes successful, then I would put the above list and some
> more that I have from my old sarge testing time, all console utils
> using apt-get I have in the mydsl.

I looked at DSL but rejected it for this box because, as a tool box, it
needs to be kept up-to-date and secure since I may have to access the
internet directly.  I didn't see on DSL a security mechanism like
security.debian.org provides.  Besides, my 486 can't boot from CD.

Doug.