exporting a variable to global shells

Hi guy's, first I am german, so ignore my bad english please ;-)

i want to get a variable out of a child shell in it parent shell, the sense is, that I want to use the ProxyServer of my school automaticly if it is pingable, the script isn't hard but the variable isn't fully global after exporting it

my script:
#!/bin/bash
ping -c 1 192.168.4.4 && export http_proxy="192.168.4.4:8080"
echo $http_proxy #for debugging

When the script is exiting the echo stdout's the proxy adress, but if I am back in my parent shell, the http_proxy variable is empty.
The script should be run by the command post-up in the /etc/network/interfaces.

And because it was so fair, i explain you an other problem.
I have disabled the "auto" option for eth0 (ethernet) and eth1(wlan) because i change the network (home, school, work, friends...) continously and if there is no dhcp server or no cable in the ethernet(network/interface) then it needs a long time to bootup.
But i wish that my System get a IP for ethernet on every bootup, I know there is the option to put a process in the background by "command &", where i have to change the option?

so, i think it is enaugh ;-)
I am really anxious for your answer and want to thank you for your help, thank you ;-)

bye