Re: Remote desktop into my linux server

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 02:42:50PM -0400, Eric A. Bonney wrote:
> I am currently using VNC to remote desktop into my server that is in the
> basement when I need to make configuration changes.  It works just fine,
> but the only issue is that I have to remain logged into the system  in
> order for it to work.  Is there anyway to remote desktop into the box
> without having to always be logged into the system?

I'm far from an expert, but if you're using X, there is no desktop unless
you're logged in.  Just xdm or one of its imitators.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!