Re: How can I refresh Etch completely?

Problem Update:

Thanks to every one!

I created a new user and the programs that were getting floating
point exceptions ran!

I went back to my normal id and deleted a lot of .x files and
directories. Now all those programs work there too. The only bad
thing is that I got too enthusiastic and deleted some things I shouldn't
have. Now I need to remember all my setups and customizations.
Yeah, I know, backup, backup, backup. Also "Too soon old,
too late smart!"

Also, the aptitude commands that were posted seem to have
cured it if the obsession with removing everything, and I will
remember to use it all the time from now on.

This problem is SOLVED!!!

Many Thanks!
Dennis