Re: faceless google (was: Re: How do I setup printer?")

Mark Grieveson wrote in Article <[🔎] 20070507235903.78019604@debian.example.com>
posted to gmane.linux.debian.user:

>> You would be well served to learn
>> to google-fu to help you with this stuff.
>
> I prefer mailing lists myself.  It's more human, rather than the
> faceless, conglomerate google.

Two things wrong with that statement:

1) It assumes the mailing list is your personal whipping boy and not a last
resort (a bad assumption: smart (and thus listworthy) questions have an
attempt at research backing them up in the first place.
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before)

2) Google isn't a conglomerate.  They just do internet stuff.  GE would be a
conglomerate (what with being in venture capital, storage, locomotive
manufacturing, NBC, a wide variety of electrical devices, water
desalinization...).

--
Paul Johnson