Re: help!

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 03:10:25AM -0700, David wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed debian 4.0 stable on my laptop a
> couple of days ago, i've been playing around with it and its great!.

Welcome to Debian!

> although i have been having a bit of difficulty finding a good guide
> that explains just the basics of debian. Can anyone suggest a good
> guide? i have never used any version of linux os before, i have been
> using windows for a long time though. In particular i want to know how
> to install and remove programs,

http://www.debian.org/doc is a good starting place. This has links to
(what I consider) to be the best guides.

http://www.aboutdebian.com may be useful too

> and whats the difference between the kernal and the terminal?! :S haha

The kernal is green - it stops at the terminal (which is usually black)
:-) D'oh!

--
Karl E. Jorgensen
karl@jorgensen.org.uk  http://www.jorgensen.org.uk/