Synaptic intends to remove necessary packages during installtion of Gaim
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Synaptic intends to remove necessary packages during installtion of Gaim
- From: sjq <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 02:55:26 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi! I am using Debian 3.1 with quite a lot of old packages.I tried to install Gaim 1:2.0.0+beta5-10 from within Synaptic. Synaptic told me that quite a few necessary packages would be removed during installation of Gaim, such as gdm, kdebase-bin, kdelibs, xserver-common, etc. Of course I cancelled installation. I dare not ignore Synaptic's prompt since these packages to be removed are essential to the system base.
Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks!