Re: OT - Dilbert on the ethics of e-mail etiquette

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 01:17:43PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 14:52:28 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> > > You could have made this even funnier if you had posted it using a
> > > debianhelp.org account ;)
> > >

> > LMAO. thanks!
> >

> > oh and that means
> >
> > :0
> > * ^.*debianhelp.org
> > /dev/null
> >
> > is approved!!!
>
> It may be better to use
>
> * ^Message-Id:.*debianhelp.org
>
> otherwise there might be some collateral damage: Since debianhelp.org
> puts this string into their (long and ugly) message IDs it tends to
> propagate into other people's mail headers via the "In-Reply-To" and
> "References" fields.

I'm not sure that's a bad thing. as disjointed as the threads with the
debianhelp stuff already in there, they'd be even more so with it
removed, but the messages that follow still intact.  I suppose a
killfile would be the way to go instead of using /dev/null. Then the
whole sub-thread would disappear.

Despite my many posts about this, I still have some reservations
though. I am reluctant to be so draconian. I view it as a personal
flaw.