Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 09:35:49 -0400
From: celejar@gmail.com
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: 'Static kernel modules'

On Tue, 8 May 2007 12:05:21 +0000
Andrew Critchlow  wrote:

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how to add a module into the kernel as a static module.
I know how to compile and recompile the kernel but I don't know how to add an extra drivers into its configuration other than the ones the make config program specifies?
Your question could be clearer. What's a static module? Usually we
speak of kernel bits as being either compiled into the kernel or built
as modules. What do you mean by 'extra drivers'? Do you mean ones not
in the standard kernel tree? Provide examples of what exactly you're
trying to do (and why). And please give a subject when you post.

The way I would do it is look for a patch that *does* add a module to the kernel and copy that. E.g the Debian Logo kernel patch adds a module. It changes Kconfig and then adds a driver to drivers/graphics/video.
Follow that, change the config and try it.

Hugo