Re: mutt: slow reading d-u

Andrei Popescu:
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 10:23:05AM -0400, Allan Wind wrote:
>>
>> Are you using maildir (opposed to mailbox)?  If you keep a lot of
>> content around consider using ext3 with dir_index enabled.  Do you have
>
> That's on

Did you enable it yourself or did the installer do it for you? If the
former is the case, you need to unmount the partition and run 'fsck -fD'
on the file system to actually create the indexes.

>> header_cache set to a directory in your .muttrc?
>
> Hhhm, I've had that set to a file in muttng. When I copied the muttngrc
> to muttrc I must have disabled it because I found it commented out. Now
> it's back on and opening the d-u folder takes about 1 sec. (more than 6000
> mails on a PIV-1600).

Sounds about right. Opening d-u with 10,000 mails over IMAP (Dovecot 1.0
running on localhost) takes about 2-3 seconds on my P3@1.1GHz using
mutt and header cache.

J.
--
I am worried that my dreams pale in comparison beside TV docu-soaps.
[Agree]   [Disagree]