re: how to use dpkg to list some packages

On Tue, 8 May 2007, Serena Cantor <qipaishi2006@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I want to find a package in doc section. It's a tutorial on html.

IMHO, your best bet for finding tutorials is Google.

I looked though my Debian available packages list and didn't see any
that appeared to be a tutorial for html.

Here are some references I found years ago when I got interested in HTML:

"NCSA--A Beginner's Guide to HTML"
    from the National Center for Supercomputing Applications

"HTML quick reference"
    which I think came from http://www.cc.ukans.edu/

Kevin Werbach's "Bare Bones Guide to HTML"

This is the only one I checked for currency.
The World Wide Web Consortium has various levels of tutorials at
http://www.w3.org. I DL'd the gzipped "HTML 4.01 Spec" on a 56K
dialup link in a couple of minutes today.

HTH