Re: DPMS stops working (ATI, openGl issue?)

jason.public wrote:
On 4/9/07, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 01:28 -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
> When I start X DPMS is working (monitor is turned off), however after
> some time it stops working (i.e. monitor is always on).
[...]
>    fglrx-driver 8.31.5-1 (proprietary driver)

The first thing I would try to eliminate would be the proprietary
drivers. Try without them, and see if things improve.

Worked for me, going on 4 days.  Thanks.

  hmmm...

as far as I can tell the problem is in SDL, I tested it some (openGL programs do not disable DPMS) more plus asked Gish support, found this:

http://www.libsdl.org/release/changes-1.2.html "The screensaver and DPMS monitor blanking are disabled while SDL games are running under the X11 and DGA video drivers. This behavior will be formalized and selectable in SDL 1.3."

  can't find more info on this...

  (I didn't try the free driver yet)

	erik