Re: TeTex to TeXLive

* Amy Templeton <amy.g.templeton@gmail.com> [070507 13:49]:
> ... its time to get with the program and upgrade to TeXLive, since
> it actually updates, but I've also heard tell that people experience
> big problems when moving over from TeTeX instead of just installing
> TeXLive onto a system without any former TeX installation. Is there
> some safe way of moving over?  Also, (very importantly) does AUCTeX
> work with TeXLive?

Running Etch, I upgraded from teTeX to TeXLive, but the system was
unusable.  Later someone told me that I should have purged the teTeX
files, rather than simply loading TeXLive over teTeX.

Meanwhile, I installed Lenny and installed TeXLive as the first and
only TeX system.  I also installed AucTeX.  Everything appears to work
perfectly.