Re: Remove mounted drive links from desktop?

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 10:48:18PM +0100, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On Fri, 04 May 2007 12:15:02 -0400
> "Eric A. Bonney" <mailinglists@vanhlebarsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to remove the mounted drive icons from my desktop in
> > Gnome?  Every time I connect to another server location, it creates
> > an icon on my desktop and then adds it to my Places->Network Places
> > menu item.  I like a clean desktop and would like to remove the
> > icons, but still have access to the locations, is this possible?
>
> The gconf key /apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible determines
> whether the icons are shown on the desktop. The locations will be
> available through the 'Places' menu regardless.

To elaborate: You can either go through System Tools -> Configuration
Editor (a bit like regedit) and change the key.

Or just run this from a command line:

    gconftool --set /apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible --type=bool false

Hope this helps
--
Karl E. Jorgensen
karl@jorgensen.org.uk  http://www.jorgensen.org.uk/