Re: How do I setup printer?

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 10:12:22PM -0400, Ninenineone Efx wrote:
> It's basic thing but I don't remember how to setup printer.
> In general user, I can't print any paper.
> I tried 'lpr' command for test, it gives about permission denied error.

You seem to be suggesting root can print?  How did you set it up?

> I checked the Debian/GNU Linux System Admin's manual.
> The printer setup section is blank. :-(

Or have you not set it up?  If not try installing cupsys and browsing
to localhost:631

> In addition, how do I install a simple X-Window manager such as fluxbox?
> I want to install xterm too.

aptitude install fluxbox xorg xterm
you might also want to install one of xdm, gdm, kdm, or wdm (or any
other I'm forgetting)

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.