Re: Oh, yeah: Unable to

I was suffering from the exact same problem reported initially. I'm using GNOME, on Ubuntu Edgy.  I have a customized .Xmodmap, though this problem didn't show up until recently, and I dont *think* I changed it recently.

The solution I found to the problem was to go to the Gnome menu, System->Preferences->Keyboard then choose "Layout Options"; within this tab, I have 'Miscellaneous Compatibility Options'. By checking, then un-checking the option "Special Keys (Ctrl+Alt+