Re: Please help - printing gone after upgrade to Etch

Uwe Heinz Rudi Dippel wrote:
> After upgrading to Etch, now printing (DeskJet 840C) is gone.
> Reason:
> % ls -l /dev/lp*
> ls: /dev/lp*: No such file or directory

I had something similar with my DeskJet 670C in Etch.
It appeared that /dev/lp0 had not been recognized for some reason,
therefore CUPS tried to print to /dev/other, which did not exist.

I could not be corrected in the CUPS printer administration, but I could
use the KDE printer setup (K > System > Printers) to manually set the
output device to /dev/lp0, which solved it.