Re: ps Start time oddness

On Thursday 03 May 2007 08:20, Robert Waldner wrote:
> I have one machine (i386, up-to-date Etch) that always displays the
>  "Start" time in ps as 13 minutes (invariably) in the past, eg:
>
> qusrv02:~# hwclock --systohc
> qusrv02:~# date
> Thu May  3 12:42:02 CEST 2007
> qusrv02:~# ps auxw |grep grep
> root     14816  0.0  0.0   2996   680 pts/0    S+   12:29   0:00 grep grep
> qusrv02:~#
>
> On all of my other machines I tried that, the Start time is the current
>  time, just as expected.
>
> Any hints on why this is so? It's no big deal, just ... odd.
>
> cheers+TIA,
> &rw

Boy, you must have a really *really* fast processor.

I think your machine is causing grep to travel time. Please file a bug report.

Seriously though, that is weird. I wonder if you are clean on Etch or if you
upgraded from Sarge, because that upgrade adjusted timezone settings. Not
that you are off by an hour, just 13 minutes. How odd.

Or maybe you have an old grep running?

--
Please do not use HTML mail for fully-textual messages.
Matthew K Poer <matthewpoer@gmail.com>