Re: Re: a kde applet on gnome

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 17:35 +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> thank for answer,
> I installed the gnome-swallow program,
> I ran it, OK,
> It asked for :  program to run and window name to swallow, the applet
> is not a program to run: here is the content of the applet: *
[snip]

> So what to put there ??

It is actually looking for the "name in the title bar".

For an example, when I used to run GNOME myself, I'd auto start the
beep-media-player.

If you entered beep-media-player, it would fail. But if you looked at
the application bar when beep-media-player was actually running, it read
"BMP". I entered that and it was immediately swallowed and worked just
fine.

So, the thing is, you need to have kprayertime running to see what the
application bar says it is. Then enter that name into the gnome-swallow
field.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup