On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:15:47 -0300 (ART)
Renato Gondim Filho
> Sorry about my ignorance, some conventions I don't know well (yeat),
> but "virtual console" means a command line in Terminal? If it´s
> correct, I should do this:
> tail -f /var/log/Xorg.0.log
What I am suggesting is that you try the following.
1. Switch to a virtual console using the key combination ctrl-alt-f1.
2. Login as root.
3. Issue the command '/etc/init.d/gdm restart && tail -f /var/log/Xorg.0.log'. Here I assume that GDM is your display manager.
4. The previous step will probably take you to the login screen (even though the login prompt hasn't appeared). If so, repeat step 1 to return to the virtual console.
5. Watch the progress of output as you follow the log file. Is there a point at which the output pauses for a long time?
6. You can toggle to the login screen at any time using ctrl-alt-f7.
Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger