Re: Many LUKS partitions

Hi Salvatore,

The easiest way  I have found to do this is to create a partition which you open with a passphrase that contains the key files for the other partitions...Then set the other partitions up to open on said key files. In fact, if you set it up right, you should be able to have the key partiton only open during boot and therefore not user accessible at any time.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Salvatore Iovene" <salvatore@iovene.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 7:01:56 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Many LUKS partitions

Hi,

I have more than one encrypted partition (using dm-crypt), and so, at
boot time, I'm propted for all of their passphrases.

Is there a way to set a sort of master passphrase so that I'll only
input it once?

Another question: is there a way to use a USB pendrive to store the
information needed to LUKS to decrypt the partitions? (so that I
wouldn't have to fill in any password, just plug the USB pendrive)

Thank you.

--
Salvatore Iovene
http://www.iovene.com