Re: an't create VMware XP client on Etch host (keymap problem?)

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:28:07 -0400, I wrote:

> But I have no evidence that the fkeys are ever seen with X running.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:19:10 +0200, Florian Kulzer replied:

> Run "xev" and check the keysyms for CRTL, ALT, F1, etc. It would be
> especially interesting to see what you get for the CTRL + ALT + Fn
> combinations. The keysyms should be "XF86_Switch_VT_n" for switching to
> another VT.

Thanks for suggesting this.  I believe you have led me to the solution
(although I now feel like an idiot too).  I found that strikes to F5, F6, and
F10 were not seen at all by xev.  I set out to see if there were any other
undetected keys and found one labeled "F Lock".  Once I depressed that, the
other keys were detected and virtual terminals worked.  I've never had an
"F Lock" key before and didn't know it was a possibility.  But that's
probably all there was to it.

Thanks again.