Re: RAM 95% used

On Sunday 29 April 2007 16:19, somethin2cool wrote:
> even though i'm not running anything.
>
> in processes task manager says i'm using a total of 25mb, inc dependencies.
>
> in resources, it says 204. given the sluggishness of the totally minimal
> system i believe the later.
>
> however, even if i was to open every gui ap, it shouldn't use that much.
>
> what's wrong with it? why is it using up my ram?
>
> atm, just ruunning xfce takes 200mb. nothing stupid is installed, the
> whole point was for a fast system

I've already seen the same question today, about memory being eaten up, and
that too was someone using xfce. The answer was that xfce suffers from memory
leaks.

The thing to do is log out of xfce, restart it, and keep an eye on memory
useage. If it is a memory leak problem, you should initially see hardly any
memory being used, and this will slowly creep up with the passing of time.

Nigel.