Re: ams.sty not found after updating to texlive

On 4/29/07, Peter Robinson <Peter.Robinson@t-online.de> wrote:
I am running a debian sid system on a Dell dimension 8300 PC (2.6.18-3-686 #1 SMP) and am having some problems getting latex working after I updated some packages to day. I removed the tetex packages and installed texlive (initially including texlive-base, texlive-bin, texlive-common and subsequently texlive-all). After this, the system cannot find the ams.sty file for the American Mathematical Society package (which should apparently be installed with texlive-base -- this package is listed as installed at version 2007-4).

Using find /usr/share -iname amy.sty turned up nothing either.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Wasn't ams.sty deprecated years ago?  And wasn't it amstex.sty?
amsmath.sty is in texlive-latex-base.  amssymb.sty is in texlive-base.
Why they're separated, I have no idea.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh