Re: apt-get install synaptic / sources.list

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

No, it isn't too obvious to bother writing anywhere: it may be obvious
to many that some users don't bother _READING_ anywhere. Google is your friend, as is browsing the archives of the mailing list.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Andrew I'm sure you get a lot of threads where people haven't bothered looking. But i did notice you linked to www.debian.org. Well I'm sure it's there somewhere. As for Google, I read every link for 6 pages and nothing was relevant.

I am trying to point out that this is a problem. Why not have a look yourself, without cheeting by searching for the strings you already have (assume you don't know the format)

so search for "debian repository list" or "official debian repositories" be imaginative and post back if you find a keyword which brings up something useful.

The problem, is that the net is littered with people asking and not getting responses. Hiding any older, useful information completely.

If anybody else dare think that I have not tried, why not just try yourself rather than making assumptions. this list is so presumptious!