Re: webcam model for etch

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 02:23:03PM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have installed etch in a sony vaio notebook with success. Now, I want
> to install a webcam on it. I have looking the Webcam HOWTO
>
> http://www.linux.com/howtos/Webcam-HOWTO
>
> and I think that a SPCA50X or OmniVision based model would be fine...
> However, I will appreciate very much any advice from user of this
> list...

if you use a logitech camera, you'll likely have to build the drivers
from the gspca-source package using module-assistant. logitech seems
to change things pretty often, so if the etch drivers don't work, you
can get the tarball from upstream and replace the source files in the
gspca-source package with the ones from upstream. m-a will then build
it just fine using the new source files and you'll have the latest
version of the drivers.

hth.