Re: Black screen before login

Yes, but the computer is not connected to the LAN. Here is the hosts file:

127.0.0.1    localhost
127.0.1.1    blaster
::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Is there any log file to look for?
Thanks.

Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com> escreveu:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:11:42 -0300 (ART)
Renato Gondim Filho wrote:

> Hi list.
>
> I have some computers running Debian, and one of them (pentium
> 300mhz, 396 MB RAM), in the starting, before the desktop login
> appears, a black screen appears for 3 minutes. The hd doesn't work
> during this black screen. I tried other desktop (IceWm, blackbox) and
> the result is the same. Does anyone knows what could be wrong? In
> others list, a user of a pentium 200mhz said it's loaded instantly in
> that machine. Any information will be welcome. My thanks in advance.

Could be a DNS issue. What is the hostname of the machine which exhibits
the delay? Is there an entry for that name in /etc/hosts?

--

Liam