Re: where are the debian kernel patches?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Installing the source package for Sid linux-2.6 gets you
> linux-2.6_2.6.20-3.dsc
> linux-2.6_2.6.20.orig.tar.gz
> linux-2.6_2.6.20-3.diff.gz
>
> Does that mean that the original is 2.6.20.3?

No, the -3 is the number of uploads of the debian package of 2.6.20.
2.6.20-3 actually contains upstream version 2.6.20.7 as you can see in
the changelog.

> And are the patches all in linux-2.6_2.6.20-3.diff.gz?

Well, it contains them and when applied creates files in debian/patches/
containing the individual patches.

> Are those patches better described anywhere?

Most of the individual patches contain a comment at the top of the file
and have some sort of informative filename. I would read the changelog
for more details though.

--
see shy jo