Re: Debian devices and NIS user accounts

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
You may end up with a conflict if you assign a regular user to a UID below 1000.

Yeah, that's what I've run into. The first time my boss sat down at a Linux box to log in he had problems. A little detective work and I discovered that his (Solaris) UID conflicted with the (Linux) haldaemon. So since we're migrating away from Solaris I'm taking the time now to remap all the U/GIDs < 1000 to something Linux-safe.

Michael