Re: apt-get install synaptic / sources.list

somethin2cool@yahoo.com:
> I added the lines:
>
> Deb cdrom: [Debian GNU/Linux 4.0r0 _Etch_ -Official i386 DVD Binary-1
> 20070407-11:40]/ etch contrib main
> Deb cdrom: [Debian GNU/Linux 4.0r0 _Etch_ -Official i386 DVD Binary-2
> 20070407-11:40]/ etch contrib main
> Deb cdrom: [Debian GNU/Linux 4.0r0 _Etch_ -Official i386 DVD Binary-3
> 20070407-11:40]/ etch contrib main
>
> (I'm using pen and paper to copy, so there may be a tiny syntax error in
> there)
>
> Then I went:
>
> Su
> Apt-get install synaptic
> And it came up with errors that the repositories do not exist. The DVD
> Binary-1 was mounted.

Did you run 'apt-get update' before trying to install? If not, it
couldn't have possibly worked. Apt needs to know which packages are
available from every entry in sources.list.

J.
--
When I am at nightclubs I enjoy looking at other people and assessing
their imagined problems.