Re: Aborting Sarge->Etch upgrade

---- Ralph Katz <ralph.katz@rcn.com> wrote:

> As noted, I made similar mistakes.  Please file a bug report to Package:
> release-notes and/or Package: upgrade-reports as you feel appropriate.
> Others can be forewarned of the traps with more readable upgrade
> instructions, as I've suggested in my bug reports.
>
> Regards,
> Ralph

Ralph,
Also noted is section "4.5.5 Upgrading the kernel".  Apparently a kernel upgrade is necessary before rebooting, this is somewhat messy as I roll my own.  The whole process looks to be a bit more complicated.  I'm really beginning to think that the whole "release" methodology is flawed. [Warning rhetorical ?] There's got to be a more organic way to stay up-to-date/current/modern.