Re: Default soundcard with alsa

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 01:21:01PM +0300, Atis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two soundcards, but after each reboot the built-in gets
> default, so after every reboot i have to run alsaconf, and select
> correct soundcard.
>
> How i can have my second card to be primary after every reboot? I
> suspect alsaconf doesn't write something correctly, but i don't get
> any error messages.
>
> Currently using Lenny, but had the same problem on Etch.
>
> Regards,
> Atis
>
> atis@atis:~$ lspci | grep udio
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6
> Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)
> 01:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)

After setting up your sound card with alsaconf run alsactl to save the
settings for the next reboot. It worked perfectly fine for me, I was
having a similar time a while back, haven't had it since.

--
http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Website
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative