Re: iceweasel and javascripts

Hi Bartleby.

BartlebyScrivener, 24.04.2007 03:34:
> Using Debian Etch and iceweasel, I have a problem with my banking
> site. Some of the search options do not appear. When I hover over
> buttons, the status line says: javascript:void(0)

Then contact the people responsible for such an awful site.

> I have tried installing several java packages from synaptic, e.g.,
> java-common, but these don't seem to work. I have the enable
> javascript boxes checked on Iceweasel, but can't get it to work.
>
> Is there a special java download I need to add?

Nothing, since JAVA has nothing to do with JavaScript. The latter is directly
embedded into the rendering engine of your browser so if something does not work
you either misconfigured your browser or the specific site just sucks.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules