Re: Help with NTFS & FAT32

On 4/23/07, Thomas Prangenberg <th_prangenberg@online.de> wrote:
Blast schrieb:
> Hello, I'm using Debian and I have two partitions plus the Debian's, a
> FAT32 and a NTFS ones, but I don't know how to make them accessible from
> the start for users in my system. I've already installed ntfs-3g and
> tried with fstab and /etc/rc.local, but I got nothing yet.
> I will appreciate your help.
>
> tnkx,
> B.

Hello,

have two ntfs partitions. They are mounted at startup via fstab. Any
user can read from and write to them. Fstab looks like this:
# /dev/sda1
UUID=F86443FB6443BAE0 /win     ntfs-3g
rw,user,nls=utf8,umask=007,gid=46 0       1
# /dev/sda2
UUID=E458BC4158BC1470 /data     ntfs-3g
rw,user,nls=utf8,umask=007,gid=46 0       1
This fstab belongs to my notebook which actually runs ubuntu (my Debian
desktops don't have windows installed). But the entries should work on
etch too (except for the strange UUIDs which AFAIK belong to the later
2.6.20 kernel)

Best regards,
Thomas

Whether ntfs-3g works with rw for visat ntfs also?

--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/