Re: Help needed with server setup at work

Greg Folkert wrote:

> Lookup sshfs (or shfs as it is commonly know) it is completely at the
> whim of the user. They use an existing well known, well vetted daemon
> (openssh-server) and in a local environment (meaning no slow links) with
> 100Mbit/sec, I get nearly line speed transfer rates (100Mbit/sec ==
> 11MByte/sec).

I have been using sshfs for the past couple of days. It is a great idea. But
I kind of feel (aka no data to support the claim) that sshfs is slow
compared to nfs (especially with large files). So if speed is an issue, the
OP might want to consider other alternatives as well.

hth
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi