Re: X11 display terribly slow after upgrade

> Which drivers are you using?  On my system, the "nv" drivers are very
> sluggish, and the new xorg broke my 97.55, so I upgraded to the new beta
> 100.14.03, and performance is back.

This happens (and will happen) again and again and again.

/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions will have the nvidia glx so and libglx.so
symlink to it. Upgrading xorg from Sid overwrites that symlink. So after
upgrading, check it, and if need be, rm Sid's libglx.so and the make that a
symlink to nvidia's. Voile.

One can coax nvidia's installer to put it elsewhere and this may be the best
idea. Then Disable Debian's or place the new location before the extensions
line in xorg.conf..

If one uses the nvidia stuff on Sid, this problem is avoided but I was getting
half the frame rate. Anyway, a mute issue. I need to use an older nvidia
driver for my older card.