Thank you,

but that is not the point.
I use the simple ftpd started by inetd.
Got any other idea??

Best regards
Harald

Kam-Ming Siu schrieb:
Hi,

I guess you are using proftpd and login the ftp as anonymous user. If so, you must enable the anonymous login support in /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf. Uncomment the statement between <Anonymouse> to </Anonymous>, include these 2 tags.

Then restart your proftpd.

Best Regards,
Ming

Harald Grosse Hokamp wrote:
Hi,
I use ETCH.
If I log on like " ftp localhost"
and set the command: "ls" I get the following message:

ftp> ls
500 Illegal PORT rejected (address wrong).
ftp: bind: Address already in use

You get this error when you access the FTP server via a NATed connection. I get this problem when i try and access my servers via my internal network which gets routed to another subnet the servers are on. To fix, you will have to access the server via the same subnet the server is on. My limited knowledge can not present you with another fix at present.

Julian