Install onto fakeraid

My installation saga continues into it's fourth week and I've narrowed down some of the problems in setting up my dual-boot system. To recap:

- I have an ASUS m2n SLI mobo with 4 identical SATA drives
- I would like to use two drives each for two raid1s for windows and debian

My current issue is getting a setup that plays well with BIOS and booting. Here are the restrictions on the game as far as I can tell:

- Windows doesn't like software raid (at least, not without the "server" version) - You can't mix and match arrays and non-arrays, meaning the pseudo-hardware onboard raid must either include all four drives in two arrays, or none (all software).

Because of the first restriction above, it sounds like the best solution would be for Linux to be installed on the "hardware" raid. From what I've read, this involves something called fakeraid and a custom installer kernel. Problem is, I can't find two pieces of documentation that agree on how to go about this; most writeups are extremely dated and apply to much older versions of the installer (at least two years old).

Questions:

1) can anybody point me in the right direction for documentation you feel reflects the current state of the install process? 2) is this a bad idea for a newbie linux person to try to mess with? If so, is this a less-than-a-fortune project for a consultant (I am not rich, this is not for a business)?

Thanks,
Michael