Re: Updated Sid today, xorg cannot find "nvidia" driver

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 20:03:08 -0400, Curt Howland wrote:

>Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:
>
>> >Still wondering why the nvidia module isn't being detected.
>
>> I can report the same problem on one of my systems.  I'm holding off
>> on updating my other system until there are reports of this being
>> solved.
>
>Someone else wrote earlier that he had to downgrade xserver-xorg-core,
>but he wasn't absolutely clear that it fixed the problem.
>
>I looked through reportbug for both nvidia-kernel-module and
>xserver-xorg-core but didn't see this problem mentioned.
>
>What package should we open a bug report on? If you already did, send
>me the number and I'll add my own endorsement of the failure.

I have not reported it since I don't have direct access to the system in
question over the weekend.  Raise it against xorg since that's the
upgrade that broke your system.  The bug will be moved if it belongs
somewhere else :-)

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus