Re: [OT] Connect to local linux ms access jet database via odbc from php or java

Mirko Scurk schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> I originally sent this post to unixodbc support list but received no
> answer. Its crucial to me to solve this problem so any help will be
> apreciated.
>
> I spent some time googling and trying to establish connections from linux
> pc to local mdb file but had no luck. Here is my configuration:

I actually don't have much experience with either ODBC or PHP, but I
dare to give my 2 cents anyway. Two things that I as a total newbie
would check out:

> # cat /etc/odbc.ini
> [ODBC]
> Trace=yes
> Tracefile=/tmp/trc.log

First: Is there any helpful info about the failed login in the above
mentioned trace log? Or any other system log?

> [LOIR]
> Description = MicrosoftAccessDatabaseofLOIR
> Driver = MDBToolsODBC
> Database = /var/www/storage.mdb
> Server = localhost
> Username = ""
> Password = ""

(...)

> # cat /var/www/access.php
>
> <?php
> $conn=odbc_connect('LOIR','','');

(...)

> I tried with isql and everything is working fine:
>
> # isql LOIR
> | Connected!                            |

Second: Since the login credentials for the .mdb file are already
specified in the odbc.ini, it is perhaps counterproductive to specify
them again in the php odbc_connect call. Does it work if you leave them
out, like with isql? Or if you actually set a real password for the .mdb
file?

Just basic stuff, I know. But perhaps it helps.

cheers,
Guido