Re: web alternative to knockd for a "secure" sshd server?

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:13:39 -0400
Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 10:58:37AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> >
> > Use shorewall. Set an SSH rule in your rules file, and use the
> > RATE-LIMIT column (see /usr/share/doc/shorewall/default-config/rules).
> >
> This is what I do.  It is much nicer (at least I think so) than working
> with raw iptables.
>

> > Carry the key (password protected, of course) on a USB flash drive?
> >
> That is one way.  Also, if it is necessary to connect via some random
> PC, anyterm might be a good solution.  Hopefully I will have it packaged
> for Debian this summer.

Thanks! I actually played with anyterm a bit (installing from the
tarball), but it didn't behave properly; it often crashed my browser,
requiring it be restarted. <shameless_plug>One of the reasons I wrote
mailmin.</shameless_plug>

Celejar