Re: Updating to 2.6.20 cause unable to start xorg

On 4/20/07, Wang Xu <gnawux@gmail.com> wrote:
I have an intel 865G integrated VGA adapter, and it works fine with
kernel 2.6.18 and before. However, when I update it to 2.6.20, the
X server cannot be started, and give the following message

(EE) I810(0): cannot continue
(II) I810(0): VESA BIOS not detected
(EE) I810(0): VBE initialization failed.

I tried to use a default X configuration with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg,
but it cannot be started yet. And the only way to start it is to use the
older 2.6.18 kernel.

Perhaps try "modprobe i810"?

--
Kent