no USB mouse in Etch

Hi,

after upgrading from Sarge to Etch, the new xorg does not recognize my
USB mouse. The touch-pad of my laptop works fine.

The mouse is found by the kernel, these are the entries in
/var/log/messages:

kernel: usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
kernel: usb 1-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address

In /etc/X11/xorg.conf I have the settings:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "USB Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Buttons"               "5"
EndSection

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Regards,
Tim