Re: Good Debian/Linux FTP Client program ???

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 13:39, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:36:40 -0500
>
> Randy Patterson <tech@patterson-pcc.com> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I am looking for a good FTP Client. Seaching for specific FTP related
> > topics seems to produce more information than is manageable. I do a
> > lot of web development and I am moving from Windoze to Debian and my
> > previous FTP client doesn't have a Linux install. I didn't see
> > anything like "Kftp" in my KDE menu systems. Any suggestions for a
> > good highly configurable FTP client?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Randy
>
> You could try searching this list. The same question was asked just a
> couple of days ago.
>
> --
>
> Liam

You are of course quit right. I did some googling before hand but should have
done a search on the list before posting. Thanks for pointing that out and
thanks to others who were more forgiving and helpful in light of that
oversight.

I have installed a couple of the programs and tried Konqueror. But I need a
little more than drag and drop functionality. With the 3dftp program I used
in Windoze you could sync a local directory with a remote site based upon
criteria such as file size and date. You could also setup include and exclude
filters as well on both files and directories. There was a little learning
curve but once you had a site configured you could work all day on a site
locally and at the end of the day just connect to the remote site, choose the
sync direction and your que list was filled. I am looking for an FTP client
on Debian with similar functionality and hoping to narrow down the number of
programs to look at.

Thanks,
Randy