select grub partition

Hello,

I have sarge running with root, boot and grub on the first partition on my
disk. Now I want to install etch on a second partition and eventually the
first one will be deleted.

I installed etch with debootstrap on the second and installed grub there,
too. This second partion is now flaged as boot. But still the system boots
from the first partition using the setting of grub on this partition.

What do I have to do to make it boot from the second partition with the
grub there?

Regards,
Marco