Bash bashed by libc6 upgrade

Sid is now in its post-release fun state. After upgrading libc6, locales,
system was entirely broken. I booted up knoppix and made a few symlinks and
could now boot. Also saw most apps worked just fine ... if I was not in bash.
Bash gives errors about accessing the new library symlinks. Everything else
seems to use them just fine.

Changed my user shell to plain sh (csh also works) so now I could log in to
consoles and kde would come up. Everything (but bash) seems to play. The
other shells do not work so well in KDE's konsole but this is keyboard
problems more than anything else (also no autocomplete).

Here is what bash gives starting up:
uname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
uname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
bash: [: !=: unary operator expected
bash: [: too many arguments
bash: [: too many arguments
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: too many arguments
bash: [: too many arguments
bash: [: too many arguments
bash: [: too many arguments
bash: [: too many arguments
bash: [: too many arguments
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
bash: [: too many arguments
bash: [: =: unary operator expected
sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
/bin/true: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Trying to run anything in bash will cite one of the above or one or two other
such libraries (symlinked).

Workaround? Who's bug would this be?