Re: Good Debian/Linux FTP Client program ???

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 01:36:40PM -0500, Randy Patterson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am looking for a good FTP Client. Seaching for specific FTP related topics
> seems to produce more information than is manageable. I do a lot of web
> development and I am moving from Windoze to Debian and my previous FTP client
> doesn't have a Linux install. I didn't see anything like "Kftp" in my KDE
> menu systems. Any suggestions for a good highly configurable FTP client?
>
> Thanks,
> Randy

On Windows I used Filezilla, and that was pretty good. It seems to
exist in the Debian (Lenny) archives, so you can apt-get it.

Lately I've been using the lftp package for managing FTP, and I have
to say it's the quickest thing I've ever done. Uploading and
downloading is a snap once you get used to it's intuitive design and
easy to understand commands, it just takes a bit of practice.