Re: I can't change monitor resolution in gnome

Etch is no longer testing, it's been released. :-)

Reconfigure the "xserver-xorg" package ("dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" in a
terminal as root); the defaults should be what you're currently configured
for. When you get to the monitor configuration page, try auto-detection; if
that doesnt give you what you want, break out your monitor's manual and
enter the sync rates, etc manually. At the end of the monitor configuration,
you should get a list of video modes; check off all the ones you want to
use, restart GDM, and hope for the best. :-)

	Cheers,
		Tyler