auto-install modules when installing a new kernel

I need a few kernel modules that are not included in the stock kernel.
module-assistant makes it pretty easy to compile&install them, but I still
wish it were even more transparent.

I.e. I'd like to be able to automatically compile&install those modules for
every new kernel I install (and also automatically remove those
installed modules/packages before removing the corresponding kernel).

Any idea how to do that?  I can't be the only one who's tired to forgetting
to auto-reinstall his ipw3945/fglrx/... modules.

        Stefan