Re: Need ftp client

Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
> Does anyone know of an ftp client for Debian or linux
> similar to the windows pkgs cute-ftp or FileZilla?
>
> These are GUI packages that have stored profiles,
> socks & proxy capabilities, and other handy features.
>
> I have been working on making FileZilla work with wine
> but it is turning out to be far from trivial!
>
> Many TIA!
> Dennis

There are plenty.  See following list.  Note that not all of these will
be useful to you, I am just showing how to find packages.

joe@lr32:~$ apt-cache search ftp client
aria2 - High speed download utility
atftp - advanced TFTP client
bootp - server for the bootp protocol with DHCP support
cadaver - command-line WebDAV client
cftp - A full-screen ftp client
cl-ftp - Common Lisp FTP library
cl-trivial-sockets - a Common Lisp socket interface
curl - Get a file from an HTTP, HTTPS, FTP or GOPHER server
dart-server - a distributed testing and dashboard system server
dxpc - a differential X protocol compressor
filezilla - Port of the famous Win32 graphical FTP client
filezilla-common - Architecture independent files for filezilla
filezilla-locales - Translations of filezilla
foff - X/GTK+ FTP client - Free Open FTP Face
fsp - client utilities for File Service Protocol (FSP)
ftp - The FTP client
ftp-proxy - application level proxy for the FTP protocol
ftp-ssl - The FTP client with SSL or TLS encryption support
ftpcopy - FTP clients collection
ftphs-doc - FTP Client and Server Library for Haskell, documentation
gambas-gb-net-curl - The Gambas advanced networking component
gambas2-gb-net-curl - The Gambas advanced networking component
gftp - X/GTK+ FTP client
gftp-common - shared files for other gFTP packages
gftp-gtk - X/GTK+ FTP client
gftp-text - colored FTP client using GLib
gopher - Distributed Hypertext Client, Gopher protocol
heimdal-clients - Clients for Heimdal Kerberos
hx - The Unix client for Hotline
inetutils-ftp - File Transfer Protocol client
kasablanca - fast and free ftp client for KDE
kftpgrabber - ftp client for KDE
kiax - IAX VoIP softphone
lftp - Sophisticated command-line FTP/HTTP client programs
libfax-hylafax-client-perl - Simple Perl client for HylaFAX fax server
libghc6-ftphs-dev - FTP Client and Server Library for Haskell, GHC package
libhttp-dav-perl - WebDAV client library for Perl
libhugs-ftphs - FTP Client and Server Library for Haskell, Hugs package
libnet-lite-ftp-perl - Perl FTP client with support for TLS
libnet-sftp-ruby1.8 - pure ruby module that emulates an sftp client
libnethttpd-ocaml-dev - OCaml application-level Internet libraries -
HTTP daemon development libraries
libocamlnet-gtk2-ocaml-dev - OCaml application-level Internet libraries
- - GTK2 development libraries
libocamlnet-ocaml - OCaml application-level Internet libraries - core
runtime libraries
libocamlnet-ocaml-bin - OCaml application-level Internet libraries -
binaries
libocamlnet-ocaml-dev - OCaml application-level Internet libraries -
core development libraries
libocamlnet-ocaml-doc - OCaml application-level Internet libraries -
documentation and examples
libocamlnet-ssl-ocaml - OCaml application-level Internet libraries - SSL
runtime libraries
libocamlnet-ssl-ocaml-dev - OCaml application-level Internet libraries -
SSL development libraries
libssh-2 - A tiny C SSH library
libssh-2-dbg - A tiny C SSH library. Debug symbols
libssh-2-dev - A tiny C SSH library. Development files
libssh-2-doc - A tiny C SSH library. Documentation files
libssh2-0 - SSH2 client-side library
libssh2-0-dbg - SSH2 client-side library (debug package)
libssh2-0-dev - SSH2 client-side library (development headers)
libwrap0 - Wietse Venema's TCP wrappers library
libwrap0-dev - Wietse Venema's TCP wrappers library, development files
libwww-dev - The W3C WWW library - development files
libwww-doc - The W3C WWW library - documentation
libwww-ssl-dev - The W3C WWW library - development files (SSL support)
libwww-ssl0 - The W3C-WWW library (SSL support)
libwww0 - The W3C WWW library
libxfontcache-dev - X-TrueType font cache extension client library
(development headers)
libxfontcache1 - X-TrueType font cache extension client library
lukemftp - The enhanced ftp client.
lynx - Text-mode WWW Browser
lynx-cur - Text-mode WWW Browser with NLS support (development version)
ncftp - A user-friendly and well-featured FTP client
ncftp2 - A user-friendly and well-featured FTP client
netwox - networking utilities
netwox-doc - documentation for netwox toolbox
openssh-client - Secure shell client, an rlogin/rsh/rcp replacement
pawserv - Cernlib's distributed PAW and file transfer servers
putty-tools - command-line tools for SSH, SCP, and SFTP
python-m2crypto - a crypto and SSL toolkit for Python
python-paramiko - make SSH2 connections with python
sitecopy - A program for managing a WWW site via FTP, DAV or HTTP
socks4-clients - Socks4 enabled clients as rtelnet, rftp, ...
squid3 - A full featured Web Proxy cache (HTTP proxy)
squid3-cgi - A full featured Web Proxy cache (HTTP proxy) - control CGI
squid3-client - A full featured Web Proxy cache (HTTP proxy) - control
utility
squid3-common - A full featured Web Proxy cache (HTTP proxy) - common files
steam - Environment for cooperative knowledge management
steam-lib - Environment for cooperative knowledge management (libs)
tcllib - the Standard Tcl Library
tcpd - Wietse Venema's TCP wrapper utilities
tftp - Trivial file transfer protocol client
tftp-hpa - HPA's tftp client
tnftp - The enhanced ftp client
tor - anonymizing overlay network for TCP
ussp-push - Client for OBEX PUSH
weex - A non-interactive FTP client for updating web pages
wput - A tiny wget-like ftp-client for uploading files
yafc - yet another FTP client
zftp - Cernlib's file transfer program

Take your pick.

Joe